Monday, February 11, 2008

I burnt my pot!

Here's how the story goes:

I decided to feed little miss sunshine some legumes today. I figured since we've been experimenting with eating meat only once a month (better for your health and sunna). I should introduce a different source of protein to our diet, hence the legumes.
I put about a cup of lentils in a stainless steel pot, covered it with water, lit the burner, and went about doing my business. The story is clear now..huh. Exactly..I forgot the pot on the stove, plain and simple. I got distracted reading this blog entry.

So about an hour later the smell fills my nostrils. I run to the kitchen and there it was, my lovely silver pot all black, Smokey and looks irreversibly damaged.
So I did the most common thing anyone could do. I freaked out. Trying to calm me, my husband suggested " using the strong stuff" . We all know what the strong stuff is. Yea the exact stuff I've been preaching against.
By this point I get determined to get the stuff off the natural way. (I was 99% sure it wasn't going to come off).

Here's what I did.

Sprinkle a very thick layer of baking soda on the pot.
Spray it with the all purpose vinegar product you made earlier.
repeat these steps once or twice, depending on how scary the pot looks!
Let it sit for about 4 hours or more.
Scrape the pot with a spoon.
wash it.
And.. Viola:)

I wish I had a before and after picture, I only thought to take the picture when the recipe worked.

Here's a pic after scraping the baking soda off the pot:



Conclusion:
Natural products rock! Yay:)

No comments: