Thursday, May 20, 2010

right about now

The sun has been gracing us for the past two days (we are very appreciative over here.) Sun usually = Mama in good mood, even if babies are unwilling to step outside. (are they mad?) We stepped outside anyways and they loved it.


We didn't make it to the beach yet, even though I so wanted to go today, but Mei wanted the park instead. (mad I'm telling you!) She went to the park as the green fairy (don't mind the wings, I buy them from the second hand store whenever I spot them, they do the job, even though I so want to try my hand at making them myself one of these days!)

***
 (photo from before, remember?)
I have two pounds of rhubarb in the refrigerator. I am in love with rhubarbs this season. I also make a point to always have radishes on hand. I know they don't go together, but I am about to attempt the unthinkable... or maybe not (one episode of food poisoning is enough, blech)
So I tried to make this and this (also this), this morning with the girls, but imagine that-- I have no sugar or salt in my house. true story. what are the odds that they both finish at the same time and without me noticing. Well the odds are apparently very likely. (I am in a contradictory mood tonight, I just noticed, or did I?)

***
Sewing:
 I have officially abandoned sewing for the past three months. I miss it, I won't lie, but I am currently in a rut. I have two cut pieces of fabric waiting to be sewn together to form a very unusual garment--since I didn't measure or follow a pattern (what? I am trying to revolutionize the craft. I believe. Also I am mad)

last words: I miss my Camera!

Peace.

Added:
oooooooooo I just saw that smitten kitchen posted this. must. buy. sugar!

3 comments:

moments said...

love your iphone photos....

.::Tuttie::. said...

i love your pics too! I don't even have a sewing machine to get started so :(

btw we are house hunting and your previous pic with your daughter at the beach inspired me to look for apt near one. :)

Muslim Hippie said...

Thank you for your kind words.
Tuttie, living close to a beach is a dream come true. And you can always keep an eye out for a vintage sewing machine in garage sales. I saw a singer machine snatched in a garage sale for a mere 25 bucks.