Wednesday, March 17, 2010

nicely played Mei!

My blue eyed, blond haired girl yelled this at me the other day-- as she was running away from me at a very crowded park:

GO AWAY, YOU'RE NOT MY MOMMY, YOU'RE YUCK. STOP FOLLOWING ME!

Now I wouldn't mention her blue eyes or blond hair, except that I look NOTHING like her... and I wear a Muslim attire! (as a matter of fact I get asked often if I am Mei's nanny.)

So I am not sure if when the noise all stopped and everybody stared angrily at me was real, or it was projected that way in my head

What I CAN confirm of what really happened is my reaction: I froze for about thirty seconds in disbelief of what just took place (which probably didn't help make me look innocent) then proceeded towards my screaming three year old.

She never fails to surprise me this little one!

Peace.

5 comments:

Me said...

Oh my God that must have been verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry awkward :-O

.::Tuttie::. said...

OUCH. i would have burst in to tears

Unknown said...

she's a clever one. well where do you think she gets it from?????

Anna said...

Oh my, Mei. Be nice to your sweet mama!

Muslim Hippie said...

Yes, she's very smart, she knows exactly what she can say to get tome. specially when it's time to leave and I'm trying catch her so we can go home