Saturday, March 6, 2010

Just SCREAM!

I have one week left to finish my online writing class. I have three classes to go through, a ton of writing exercises, and a paper to hand in... Also a program to download so I can do all of the above.
Here's what I've learned so far:

I can spot most of my writing mistakes right away.
I have been reluctant to write because of the above reason.
I am a slacker.
It is very difficult to finish two writing classes back to back let alone three, my brain is fried people.
It's no fun learning about something you think you like-- you might discover you probably don't like it that much.
My writing skills are exactly the same-- expect now I can spot my mistakes.

Right now, my baby sitter is downstairs with the girls and I should be catching up with my class. Instead, I find myself looking at my sewing machine in despair. Maybe I signed up for the wrong class!

***

The other day I was thinking about all the the stuff looming over my head, while watching my three year old trash our living room (I've been unsuccessfully trying to teach her to clean up after herself...she's taking her sweet time) 
Okay Mei, let's leave all this junk behind and go outside for a walk. (Trying a final route to not give in to depression.)
No! I want to stay here.
Mei, pleeeease.
No mommy, let's make a train.
Mei, you'll get a lollipop when we go out, better yet, we can go to the coffee shop for some warm-hot-chocolate!
She thought for a little while. No. was her firm well thought of reply.

I was quite for about five minutes and then it came out, AHHHHHHHHHHH I screamed at the top of my lungs.
Mei looked at me perplexed and then she said: Mommy is this a game... A screaming game?
Yes! It's a contest Mei, of who can scream the loudest! Ready... AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! We both yelled together, then Grabby came closer to where we stood and gave her strongest squeal yet.

Our screams were replaced with loud laughter.. and then a miracle happened. Mei started picking up her blocks... all one hundred of them.

It pays off sometimes, you know being mad n all!

Peace.

1 comment:

Mandy (ZenMonkeyMind) said...

love your blog :)

Sometimes when you're mad or frustrated, being silly is the best way to feel better!