Monday, June 28, 2010

W.I.P

I figured I am taking my sweet time finishing those projects I was telling you about, so why not take a peak at one of them.

 Art place mat inspired by this book, only I decided to quilt it for more body. I have never quilted before and I am yet to tackle that whole binding ordeal, but until then, lets take a look, shall we?

I just taped fabric on the table, gave Mei some fabric colors and left her inner artist shine. She came up with this awesome Monsters spectacle. We both colored-in her scary and friendly monsters. (there's a whole story behind each and every one btw, with a character build up and who is worth fighting and who is worth befriending and protecting from "the bad guys". I love her!)

Now we wait until mama figures out some binding tricks. I have faith, also this.

Peace.

Btw: notice my slick move of hiding Mei's real name. Slick!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Nice! I'm meaning to learn to quilt soon. Maybe before fall, as our current bedspread is pretty trashed and I need to either fix or replace it ...

Muslim Hippie said...

Yes, I have the same inclination, Here's a goo tutorial for a simple quilt tutorial that I've been meaning to try myself:
http://katiedid.squarespace.com/katie-did-journal/2009/1/27/quilt-how-to.html

itto said...

salam alaikoum, love the place mat! tbarakallah, children drawings are great.