Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Canada II :: At the farm

So instead of nonstop ramblings about three weeks spent in Canada, I thought to spare myself and you guys-- I'll let the photos do the talking for me, with a few comments here and there... The photos are broken down into themes that I'll be sharing with you every once and a while.





Towards the end of our visit, we found this cute little farm in the middle of down town Toronto in a lovely little neighborhood ( that we were on the verge of relocating our entire family to) called " Cabbage town"... It gained it's interesting name 'cause you probably guessed it. Yes it was settled by the Irish.
It was the custom for Families to have their vegetable gardens in their back yards and their flower gardens in the front. In the great depression though, the Irish replaced their flower gardens with cabbages. Hence the cool name. (Who wouldn't want to live in a place called cabbage town?)

*The last Photo: we found ourselves in a swampy area, I was taking a photo of the swamp and saw this neat little turtle, so I magnified as much as the Camera would allow me to without distorting the whole ordeal.

Peace.

No comments: