Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Our free Microwave


I don't know if you heard of this group called freecycle, if you didn't check it out, its awesome. It's aimed at reducing waste going to land fills by cycling your unwanted stuff.
Kind of a garage sale without the sale part. It's like giving gifts to people you've never met only that the gift isn't new, its something you don't want but they do.

That's the story of the title of this post. I've been wanting to buy a microwave for over a year now. I don't use the microwave for cooking, but its really convenient for warming up food without having to dirty a couple of pots and pans in the process.
Do I absolutely need a microwave? No. Can I live without it? yes and I have for many many years. It's just nice to not have to worry about washing those two extra pots, when you have a 20 months old running around and helping you cook by throwing potato peel all over the floor (which I happily clean).

Anywho that's my story, I needed a microwave, I posted a wanted post on the freecycle group and I received one in perfect condition.
The moral of the story: Pass along your unwanted items and spread the love, I make du'aa for that woman whenever I'm spared another pot to wash. She made a pregnant woman very happy:)

No comments: