Sunday, January 11, 2009

Potatoe Chicken Casserole

Potato chicken casserole is a very simple yet delicious dish I grew up with.
I tend to make it often for it's simplicity and full nutritional value, you just need some brown rice and salad to have a full meal.

I made this dish last week for the girls grand uncle and grand aunt when they were visiting and they loved it.
I promised I'd blog about it so here you go.

One thing: while making this dish, make sure the chicken is of good quality. I buy Kosher organic whole chicken and cut it in half,I made this dish once for family members with skinless poor quality chicken(the only halal chicken we could find at the moment!) and it turned out too dry and didn't have much taste to it!

So the secret to the success of this recipe is the chicken quality (you have been warned!).

Ingredients:

1 organic whole chicken with skin cut in half

2 big potatoes sliced thick slices

2 Onions sliced

2 big tomatoes sliced

Olive oil

Cardomon, salt, pepper,and sweet paprika to taste

Preheat oven to 450 degrees (I like to make sure the chicken is thoroughly cooked)
Oil a Pyrex dish with olive oil, layer the onions potatoes tomatoes over one another in that order. Sprinkle some olive oil, salt, pepper, cardamon, and sweet paprika.
Top with the two halves of your chicken, sprinkle it with the same spices and cover with foil. Stick the Casserole in the oven for 45 minutes, then remove the foil and broil for 5 minutes or until the chicken skin turns red and crispy.

Serve with some rice and salad, and TADA!

Peace

No comments: