Friday, December 12, 2008

Winter Solstice



One of the things I enjoy about living in this part of the globe are the changing seasons. Where I come from we don't have drastic changes between seasons, so we don't make a big deal of it.
Here on the other hand I noticed people celebrate seasons in all sort of ways. They put out pumpkins on their door steps, not just for Halloween, but to mark the arrival of fall. They plant flowers in their yards to greet spring, have cook outs and inflatable pools to cool off those hot summer days, and finally I noticed other than the festive Christmas trees and holiday lights. I noticed the different wreaths people hang on their front doors. I think wreaths bring warmth and beauty to the cold winter landscape, which is what a plain front door reminds me of in this stark season.

I was given this beautiful wreath to celebrate winter and I just can't stop looking at it(thank you Ana!). I think I have just made up a new winter family tradition.

The winter solstice is coming up soon, I am really looking forward to the days getting longer again, it's nicer to spread those prayers out a bit huh! And get some more day in our day!

Stay warm everyone & happy hibernation.

BTW my new display picture was taken a day before our first sticky snow, my lil' pumpkin loves to instruct me of what to draw.

Peace.

No comments: