Monday, March 31, 2008

Long time no posts!

Salaam everyone,

I know I've been gone for a while, but I have my reasons and I'll discuss them later when I'm ready. Right now I have a new post for you and hopefully I wont disappear longer than a couple of days inshaAllah.

Updates on the mosque: Right now they are using the green carpet deodorizer I make, I refill it for them when needed, but thats about it for now. I learned to be more patient and take it slowly, things don't change over night, so like my cleaning recipes I just need some patience.

Other than the Mosque situation I did make a yummy sweet potatoes soup from a cook book I had for ages. So I am sharing the recipe with you.


Ingredients:
1 medium onion cut coarsely
2 garlic cloves crushed
1 medium sweet potatoes cut coarsely
2 medium potatoes cut coarsely
2 cups water
2 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup white grape juice, or apple juice ( the recipe calls for dry white wine) so for all of you non Muslims reading this you can use the original ingredient.
2 tbsp butter
1/4 cup cream.
fresh rosemary leaves

Heat a medium sauce pan add butter, onions, garlic and stir until onions are soft. Add potatoes sweet potatoes with the white grape juice, let cook for 2 minutes, then add broth water and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
blend the vegetables in a blender or a hand blender then return to pot, reheat with rosemary leaves and cream.
The recipe can be altered for sensitive people. You can skip the garlic and the cream if desired.

Let me know what you think if you try it.

Enjoy:)

3 comments:

Concerned Citizen said...

MMMMMM yummy....

Taliba said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Taliba said...

Welcome back! I missed the daily visit to my favorite hippie :)